Friday, February 13, 2009

Faithfulness to a thousand generations

I was pondering Deuteronomy 7:9, having added it to our blog. I was grateful for the faith of my parents, who stubbornly resisted God until they were both quite elderly. The fruit in their lives was evident (although with the timing, I thought it was cutting it a bit close).

Then, I turned my thoughts to some young adults that I know, who are energetic, but humbly serving the Lord. I am encouraged by their energy, their humility, their desire to serve the one true God. When I thought of very young people that I know--in our church, in our family, children of friends--I am grateful for the ways they encourage others, for their naturally peaceful ways of accepting things they are taught, for their new faith, for their naturally loving ways.

I praise God for the generations He has brought in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment