Thursday, February 12, 2009

Amazing Acrobats


John and I were given nice tickets from our eldest daughter to attend a showing of the National Acrobats of China. They had come to Edman Chapel, at our alma mater, where Elizabeth is now pursuing her undergrad degree. John had never really seen the Chinese acrobats before. I was truly surprised he had not. I remember seeing them on television as a child and was amazed. He saw them for the first time and then was also amazed.

We were wowed by their skill, their athleticism, and, yes, even their showmanship. We were drawn into the drama of each act and enjoyed how each was choreographed! Feats defying the imagination were performed and seemingly no one was even hurt! We came home discussing what we had seen and then I wondered if any had ever heard the gospel of Jesus Christ. Who had God brought in their lives - to cross their paths and to proclaim the good news? Had any hands come to minister to any of them? Had they heard the voice of Jesus through radio or through a neighbor or friend? Then, I prayed for them and the nation of China. My thoughts turned to God and I prayed that our support would be raised soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment